Wapiti Woods – 5186 River Road, Weedville, PA 15868 * 814-787- 7525 *
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrivals & Departures
You’re coming to stay at Wapiti Woods for a long weekend, a week or just for a couple of nights. Now what?
First off, make your plans for your departure
Print off a copy of the Cabin Stock List to help prepare for your stay. It lists items that are included in the cabins and on the grounds, notes essential items to bring along and has some suggestions for other items to pack.
Read over the Rules and Requests so you have an idea about what you are looking at for arrival and departure times; No Smoking in the Cabins and No Pets in the Cabins or on the Grounds; information on firewood; end of stay requests, etc.
Look at the directions to our guest cabins and map out your trip or program your GPS for arrival.
Read over the Useful Information sheet about the Cabins, Grounds and Shanty.
Look over the Grounds Map to get a feel for the layout, the location of the parking area, your cabins, the walking trail, horseshoe pits, the “Shanty” and picnic pavilion.
Call or e-mail us with any questions – 814-787-7525 or email@example.com.
We do request that guest arrivals occur between 4:00 and 8:00 PM, unless other arrangements are made in advance. We do, on occasion, call and ask for Estimated Arrival Times to help make plans for the afternoon or evening of your arrival.
The entrance door for the office is located to the left of the garage door. Remember it’s also our home so we ask that our guests knock at the door so we can come to welcome you in.
You may see one of us over the time period when you are here roaming about on the Grounds – while doing chores, checking on the grounds and guests or taking care of some odd ‘n’ end. We do want to respect your privacy and realize that this is your vacation time so we try not to be an intrusion but, sometimes, Mother Nature does not give us a convenient, unobtrusive window for outdoor chores and we apologize for that!
To take care of your arrival and check-in, you will be met by Steve, Coleen or a member of our circle of family and friends that help support both us and our business.
- You will make payment by check, cash or credit card for your stay. Any payment made by credit card will have a 4% Convenience Fee added to the total charged.
- Provide a $250 Security Deposit for your rental. We have been taking an imprint of a credit card, along with signature, on a blank slip to hold for this deposit and destroying that slip after the cabin has been cleaned and cleared of damage. We can also accept a Security Deposit Check for $250.00 that can be voided after the cabin is cleaned or the difference refunded if the check is needed to be cashed for damages. We also accept cash which is refundable within two weeks after your departure – in full or in part based on need.
- We ask you to review and sign a Liability Waiver…for both of us.
- We provide you with a key to your cabin(s) and give some last minute reminders (firewood, Shanty access, path lights, wireless internet access, etc.). Then we give you some direction to get to the parking area at the end of Wapiti Woods Way, show you the Key Drop Off Box and send you on your way.
DEPARTURE AND THE END OF YOUR STAY
Well, all good things come to an end, but, before the return trip, there’s a few last minute To Do’s:
AND, NOW THAT YOU ARE READY TO GO…
- Cart your things back to your vehicle in the parking lot with one of the wagons.
- Drop the guest cabin key(s) back off at our home/office by either placing into the Key Drop Box or giving them back to Steve or Coleen.
- Head on out toward home – have a safe drive and come back to visit us again! Thanks for staying with us in our Guest Cabins at Wapiti Woods!!